Taking a bath with Epsom salts and essential oils is really easy and great for your health!
Dangers of Bath Bombs
Bath bombs that are sold in so many stores today can be really dangerous for your health. The synthetic scents come from petroleum, which is crude oil. Why would you want this on your skin, the largest organ of your body?!?
Plus they are loaded with endocrine disruptors that can contribute to things such as infertility, diabetes, and more.
Not to mention these ingredients come in contact with your genital area. This can lead to UTI’s, yeast infection, etc.
Even though you probably don’t want to take a bath again based on the above information, thankfully there is a healthy and even beneficial alternative.
Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths
The more I learn about bath salts and essential oils, the more I want to take a bath every day.
Just to name a few reasons, baths can help with digestion, aches and pains, sleep, and it can also help you breathe better. And the benefits of magnesium are incredible!
Why Epsom Salt and Magnesium?
Magnesium regulates over 300 enzymes in the body and plays an important role in organizing many bodily functions. These vital functions include:
- Energy production, electrical impulses and helping you detoxify.
- Magnesium deficiencies are associated with a number of chronic diseases including type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, kidney and liver damage, worsened PMS symptoms, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and many other issues.
- Boosting your internal magnesium levels through external use of Epsom salt, you can help improve or ward off many avoidable health ailments.
- Helping to relieve constipation.
- Helping relieve aches and pains.
These amazing benefits can be yours, and it’s super easy! Here’s what you do.
You may also enjoy learning about more DIY Detox Your Body ideas!
How Much Epsom Salt For Bath?
Bath Salts Recipe: Mix ¾ cup Epsom salt with ¼ cup baking soda. Then add 15 drops of your choice of essential oil (see below). Stir well. Store in a small jar with a tight lid.
Use at least 1 cup per bath. You should be in the bath at least 20 minutes for the Epsom salt to help detox you and for the oils to do their work. 40 minutes is best.
Bath Oil Blends:
Click the links below to find out the benefits of each oil.
- For a Cold/Build Immunity:
- For Aches/ Soreness:
- For Better Sleep:
- For PMS:
You might also like Everything You Need to Know About Essential Oils for Beginners.
These recipes just take a couple of minutes to put together. They are healthy for you and make great gifts for others when placed in a Mason jar!